Saturday, December 17, 2005

childhood dream

There is a lake. It doesn't have a ripple on it. It's so huge I cannot see the other side. I suddenly realise it is a lake of blood. I turn around, there is just blood and fire. I look at my feet and see congealed blood. I scream. It echoes and the ground beneath me shakes. There are goblins, far away on a ledge, making a bridge out of bones. They're coming to get me. I turn and run into the lake. It's deep and I'm out of by depth within two strides. I struggle through the blood. It's getting thicker. I start to sink, spitting blood. I go under. I can't get up again. I close my eyes but still see the blood all around me. I open my mouth, gasping for air. Blood rushes in and I sink. Forever.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dauve said...

Now why aren't my dreams ever interesting like that?

In fact, I'm not even sure if I ever do dream. Haven't remembered one for years.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Dauve said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:59 AM  
Blogger sarah hb said...

It may seem scary my love but it seems to me as if your dreams are a link to the great powers of this world we inhabit. I have waking visions that are often similar..... maybe we are blessed with some great gift my love? Don't be frightened... I got used to them eventually. I'd had them for as long as I could remember and I only finally, fully, came to terms with them this time last april. Stay strong my darling. Huggles. Love you. xoxoxox

8:13 AM  
Blogger sarah hb said...

"This time last April"?!?! What am I on? (don't answer that lol) I started out saying 'This time last year' then I realised that that wasn't true and it was in fact only in April that I came to terms with the visions and dreams and so changed what I wrote.... though not very successfully! hehehe. :)
xxxxx

8:17 AM  
Blogger sarah hb said...

As you can see, Steve and I have our beliefs at opposite ends of the spectrum there :P hehehe.

11:59 AM  
Blogger titch said...

Oh no. Dreams are only scary while you're in them. Looking back I think it's pretty. I would draw it if I could draw. Looking back I find them calming. Very nice.

4:03 PM  
Blogger sarah hb said...

I'll try drawing it for you my love
xxx

7:36 AM  
Blogger HHM said...

The girl runs deep.

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home