Wednesday, November 23, 2005

as promised

Dead Baby Jokes:

-What’s worse than finding 10 dead babies in a tree?
-Finding 1 dead baby in 10 trees.

-What goes waaaah, splat, ping?
-A baby in a microwave.

-How do you find a baby that has been playing with a blender?
-Look up.

-What’s the difference between 10 dead babies and 10 dead sheep?
-I don’t have 10 dead sheep hidden under my bed.


Poems:

People (by D.H. Lawrence)
I like people quite well at a little distance.
I like to see them passing and passing and going their own way, especially if I see their aloneness alive in them.
Yet I don’t want them to come near.
If they will only leave me alone I can still have the illusion that there is room enough in the world.


I don’t need coffee (by H. Islam)
I don’t need coffee.
I am strong,
Independent.
I will control my own life.
I don’t need coffee.
Latté, cappuccino, mocha…mmm.
I can stand on my own two feet
(outside Starbucks drooling).
No!
I don’t need coffee.
I can sit here,
Looking at the cup,
Feeling its warmth,
Imagining its taste.
Well…maybe.
I don’t need coffee
-starting tomorrow!


Forgotten Coffee Cups
Forgotten coffee cups
Crying in the corner
Forsaken coffee cups
Mourning lost friendship
Poor, lonely coffee cups
Lie in wait for my return


Remember?
Do you remember the days
When walking to school was an adventure?
Do you remember the time
You believed you could fly?
Can you recall the excitement?
The passion? The simplicity?
Do you remember the touch of your teddy?
Can you recall?


Legs
When you can’t support yourself
I will be your legs.
When you’re too tired to see
I will be your eyes.
When all want to do is give up
I will be behind you,
Egging you on.

When you hate every cell in your body
I will give you mine.
When you are broken, lying cold in space
I will be your friend.
When you’re so lost you cannot even find yourself
I will be your map.

I will hold your hand.


Time or Space
No.
We don’t believe in time or space.
We don’t believe in waves or mass.
I won’t believe in life and death.
You cannot make me face the pain.
I will survive inside myself.
You can’t force me to be here and now.
I am not lost. I just won’t see.


Poem for Jessie
I can see you drawing,
Hear the scratch of your pen.
I look at your pictures
In admiration and jealousy.
Flowing dresses, elegant faces
And pretty patterns tumble
Onto blank sheets,
Filling empty spaces,
With love and fear and passion.
I can see you drawing,
Hear the scratch of your pen.
I watch as you release each stroke
Gently, carefully,
As if it were a child.
I watch you coax your ink
Into images of beauty and pain.
I can see you drawing.
Watch new worlds be created.
It is pure magic.
It is Jessie
Laid out for all to see.


To Anaïs
I found you when I was nearly broken
You took me and gave me a hug
You held me when I was close to breaking
In your arms, gave me your love.
I hope you know that when you’re broken
I will take you and give you a hug
I will hold you and stop you breaking
In my arms, give you my love.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dauve said...

I never believed I could fly.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Wow! I like legs best.

11:05 AM  
Blogger titch said...

I believed I could fly. I still believe I could. No imagination could be that strong...well, knowing my mind it could...hehehe

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home