Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Forgotten coffee cups

Note: I would never forget a cup of coffee.

Recent realisation: I only drink coffee, cranberry juice and alcohol. Though I do not drink much cranberry juice or alcohol. I actually pretty much only drink coffee.


Shocking Fact: at my school they will not let you take coffee into the library, even if you only have 2 minutes to do something very important and it's all you've got for lunch! They make you leave it outside the library! Leaving a cup of coffee to fend for itself in the corridor. Who knows what horrors it encountered? How many people it had to fight to stay there for me? It was traumatic.

Coffee Fact: It is addictive. But who can mind when it tastes SO F***ING GOOD!

Coffee Poem:
thoughts glitter.
bubbles twist and turn
through my mind.
peace breaks through the darkness.
calm envelopes my soul.
heat rushes,
jumping up to greet me.
giggles filter through the pain.
life sparks.
a fairy dances.
puzzles are less puzzling.
the world becomes so sweet.


No-Coffee Poem:
saucepans clatter.
my mind is numb.
my brain is useless.
one track. no return.
conflict rages.
heads split in two.
temperature tumbles.
my body is lost to me.
confusion leaps from every turn.
the lights dim down,
but still shine too bright
for troubled eyes.
i want to hurt and weep and yell.
i disappear. invisible.
where is your world now?


Explanation of Coffee and No-Coffee: I decided to give myself a break during my free as I had not stopped all day (literally) so I sat down and wrote some poems. I did infact write seven poems (in 30minutes! I was impressed.) but you don't want to hear them all and this post is dedicated to coffee so I can't put them in anyway.


Other Coffee Related Thoughts: I really really really really love coffee. I think it's brilliant and although I do know I drink too much (and sometimes...well all the time... get withdraw-syptoms when I go long periods of time without it) I would replace my coffee fetish with nothing in the world...well maybe alcohol...but that's it!


One Un-Coffee Related Thought: I am widely considered as a stalker (or so I am led to believe). My list of stalkées include Rose, Connie (Rose's sister), Valerie (lovely school friend I have), Anais (my alter-ego. she's physical though. it's scary- we have the same thoughts. we ask the same questions in science and everything. freaky really.) and Miss Adie (my ex-drama teacher). Yet! There strikes a problem. It is also a widely known fact that all stalkers have been stalkées themselves. So that got me thinking- WHO has stalked me? (Except for Colin, who denied stalking me. I think he might have just been lonely, but I was under half his age and he said some very scary things....urm, yeah. We don't talk about that anymore.) The issue was raised during a conversation I held with Rose, Helen, Kirsten and Habiba (school friend) and we decided that Rose had obviously stalked me at some point. Then we had to see who stalked her and we realised I stalked her. So, how can this be possible? Well, I put my mind to it and figured that obviously in the future I build a time machine and travel back to the time before Rose stalks me and I stalk her. Chronologically I stalk her first BUT from my perspective she has already stalked me. You see what has happened? From my point of view she stalked me first but from her point of view I stalked her first. Brilliant, isn't it! All I've got to do now is build a time machine and go back and stalk her (this must be before 1994 because that is when I started to stalk her). I don't think I'll be doing that in the near future though as I have a lot of work to be getting on with.


Goodbye: goodbye. I hope I haven't confused anyone too much. For anyone who knows RedDwarf it is the same thing as Lister being his own father. Y'see now? Maybe not, I don't know.


COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

6 Comments:

Blogger RandomFan said...

your school is so cruel! poor coffee cup... :(

6:49 AM  
Blogger Dauve said...

Got to agree with Steve there. Good ol' tap water, nothing beats that.

Pure apple juice comes in close second though.

10:37 AM  
Blogger titch said...

No. No. Not my coffee. You can't take my coffee away from me. I would hit you. I would actually fight you for it. You can't take coffee. Not from me. It's not allowed. I resent the critism of it. . . greatly.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Yum coffee. with many sugars and much milk and sometimes hot cho0colate powder.

9:12 AM  
Blogger FreeWildebeest said...

So much coffeeness in one blog post, it's amazing. I think you've proved the greatness of coffee without even trying to. Coffee lets you write 7 poems in only 30 minutes, can water or apple juice do that?

And do water or apple juice have a smell which is so tempting?

And don't get me started on egg nog lattés (the one reason why we need Starbucks)

3:09 PM  
Blogger HHM said...

Don't knock coffee! Caffeine's the only exogenous drug which gives me such an intense euphoric buzz. Plus, coffee just tastes SOOO good...

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home