Thursday, October 20, 2005

Poems and a Small nb

I couldn't sleep last night because my mind was on overdrive. Normally this is a terrible thing because my mind is not very nice. BUT last night he was being (dare I say it) kinda creative (*sigh of relief at not being attacked for using this word...yet!*) and everytime I shut my eyes words would fall from the ceiling and hit me. I wrote a few of them down to stop the flow. They're all works in progress but I was wondering (as ya do) if anybody felt like poking them a bit for me (unless you're all watching StarWars, which is vital to your life). *clears throat* Here goes:

I am in a lot of pain.
My eyes are too weary to weep,
But outside
The clouds cry for me.
Purple bruises cover the sky,
Bathed in the cool moonlight.
I sigh, stars falling.
The night ticks by and I
Wait for the sun to shine again.
It is already tomorrow
But I know the past is late.
(That was the first one I wrote. Personally I think it's rubbish except for the last two lines, but they don't seem to make sense anymore. They did last night. I like the "illiteration" in the first four lines, but I think the content is rubbish. Thoughts please!)
Fractured bubbles lie broken at her feet.
If the world were an orange...
But the world is not an orange.
A cloud of mist descends.
A face sticks out. Shining.
Shattered thoughts drift incoherant.
Youth lingers one more day.
A pause. Lightning.
Youth dies hard when you're young with feeling.
I would never desert you.
No matter what hellhole you decide to place your thoughts in.
The children are screaming.
I watch you sleeping,
Apparently peaceful
Though conflict rages behind closed eyes.
(I don't know what to say about that one. It's nowhere near finished but there are some aspects which I like - the phrase "Youth dies hard when you're young with feeling" has been floating round my head a few weeks now and I like it. I'm not sure if I put it in the right place though? Thought please?)
The hole is deep.
The child is sinking.
A feather flutters in the wind.
The world is dark.
The child is sleeping.
Fear caresses a lonely sod.
Love runs as tears drip.
A daisy falls, beaten.
The world was too strong.
Life was too much to take.
(Yeah. I don't know. If you have any thoughts could you just tell me what's good, what's bad? So I didn't stay up all night in vain.)
I'm not romantic.
I'm young and I'm foolish.
You call me cute.
I call me plain.
K's not for Knitting.
Life won't be endless.
P is for Parrots.
U is for Rain.
(I might be onto something there but I don't know what. I'm very tired now. Maybe I should eat some breakfast...)
Small nb/
I just want to apologise to anybody who read the "I'm Sorry" post. It was wrong of me to write it and I hope nobody read it. Hugs and smiles. Emmie

7 Comments:

Blogger sarah hb said...

Loving everything you wrote. Completely and honestly. It was beautiful. Hugs xxx

5:26 AM  
Blogger Chard said...

Echoing the sentiments above, wonderful words of wisdom, better that that bother Blake...

Now thats some nifty alliteration...

6:39 AM  
Blogger titch said...

Hahaha. You're both filthy liars but thank you. I'm very flattered. But really, please, real thoughts? Maybe?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Hey I read the 'I'm Sorry' post and wrote a comment and then managed to confuse myself into not posting it.
I hope you're OK and I send many virtual hugs and happy thoughts.

And the poems are brilliant. I especially like the imagery of 'Purple bruises cover the sky' and 'the world is not an orange'.

Also, well done for being brave enough to share them.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Dauve said...

I'm really not the person to ask for opinions on poetry.

I never did get the hang of all this metaphorical... english... stuff. *Is still amazed at how I got an A in English Literature*

But they seem pretty good.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Chard said...

Only an A Dave?! :P

11:09 AM  
Blogger Dauve said...

*through gritted teeth*

Yes.... only an A... >:(

And I was darn proud damn it! Darn proud!!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home