Thursday, December 08, 2005

let me be your scapegoat

Flutterby
I thought I saw a flutterby
Flutter past my eye
While the sun was shining bright
Glitter in the summer light
I thought I saw a flutterby
I must've been mistaken
'Twas just a pretty butterfly
Flying cheerful in the sky


A Long Time
I've been waiting here a long time now,
Just dreaming of your face.
I'm sitting in the corner,
Remembering your voice.
I've been waiting here a long time now,
But I do not wait in vain.
I know soon you'll be near me,
Taking away my pain.


Fingers
He's watching in the garden,
Surrounded by the birds.
He's peeping through my curtains.
He smiles. I sit and work.
He will not rest 'til I am gone.
He's waiting for his chance.
He knows I am alone here.
He likes to hear me cry.
He sits and plots outside my window,
Waiting for his chance.
He will tie me up with ribbons,
And tear my skin to shreds.
He'll slash my arms.
He'll stain the gorund.
He will not rest 'til I am gone.
He's waiting for his chance.


My Mummy
My mummy loves me.
I know she does.
Even when I'm bad
And forget things I shouldn't.
My mummy may not always understand
But she does care
Which is why I should not let her see
When I am sad.


Don't let them see
Don't let them see
Cawed a crow
As I quietly opened the door.
Don't let them know
Whispered an apple
When I crept under its tree.
Don't let them hear
Coughed a lamp post
In the smoke lingering in the air.
Don't let them see
The world spins round
In dizzy circles.
Don't let them know
You can't hold on
To the floor anymore.
Don't let them hear
You're silent scream
As you fall uphill.


(this one is special) . . . (I don't know why)
To My Big Brother

Hello big brother
I have something to say
It's not mindblowing, or wise
I just want you to know
That I care.

Wait, big brother
Please, maybe one more thing
It's not special or clever
I just want you to know
That if you ever need me I will be here.

But big brother
Before you go
I have something to tell you
That you should probably know
It's just that
I need you

I need you to look after me
I need you to love yourself
I need you to be there to tell me
I am me, when I don't know

I'm sorry big brother
I'm wasting your time
You can go now
All I wanted to tell you
Is that I care.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dauve said...

Very nice

3:00 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Wow.. exciting poetry. I especially like flutterby.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home