Sunday, March 05, 2006

More recent events

Now, when you read that title what did you think it meant? Yeah...an add on to my last post, the worst event of the day actually wasn't the worst thing that happened that day. Anyway, I have two poems for you, my lovelies. You poor sods. Hehe. Enjoy!

Black Tears 6.1.06
I wept and cried ‘til just breathing hurt,
And then I sobbed some more.
My tears were black,
So strange to watch.
They dripped down my body,
Reeking of loss and of fear.
I am marked with an evil beauty
That has left pain wherever it went.
I bear the sign of sadness.
I wear a badge of shame.
My body left exhausted,
I cannot escape.


A Soldier’s End 26.2.06
As he lay dying,
A soldier thought:
What kind of man am I,
That I stand tall and proud
For my country,
But cannot face my mum?
How can I say I am brave,
When I can run through minefields
But not tell my wife I love her?
What foolish jape is this,
That here I feel no pain,
But when my child is hurting
My heart splits in two?
How can this be my end
When I have not said goodbye?


So there you have it. Some poems. Fun, no? Fantastic things I have done this weekend include chemistry, maths and drinking coffee. Highlights include listening to Verdi's Requiem. God, I LOVE Verdi's Requiem. Verdi was a genius! Seriously, it's fantastic!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dauve said...

I'm glad you agree that chemistry and maths are fantastic. However, let us not forget physics, the most fantastic subject of them all.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home