Tuesday, January 24, 2006

what if?

To A Loved One
Let me take your hand,
And guide you away from here,
Where danger and pain fill every waking moment,
And fears of tomorrow ruin today.
Let me take your hand
And lead you somewhere safe,
Where you can live a happy life
And where your smile is real.
Let me take your hand
And hold you close to me
So I can pretend I will never lose
Your gentle touch,
Your thought filled eyes,
Your little smile.
Let me take your hand
In these twilight hours
And give you to a better place,
Where you will live forever more
Happy amoungst the flowers.

A Problem
When imagination runs too far,
And reality is a dream,
And when my demons haunt me
And make me want to scream,
And when I'm crying on my bed
Surrounded by dead children
Who weep and yell and shout at me,
And make it all too much,
When I feel I can't go on,
My fingers bathed in blood,
And when I'm cold and all alone
It makes me smile to think of you,
So sweet and gentle, safe and warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home