Monday, January 16, 2006

rain

I was going to do a rant about how amazing rain is but I can't, not beyond what I wrote earlier. So yeah. Rain:

In the rain I'm on my own,
But in the rain I'm happy alone.
The sky may weep and the winds may wail,
But in the rain, and sleet, and hail,
I am at one with all and nought,
And nothing you say can make me distraught.
In the rain I am at peace.
No man, no words, no growling beast
Can make me hide what I've become.
In the rain I'm comfortably numb.
In the rain my mask slides off,
Like a shy and gentle moth.
In the rain my sodden skin
Just for a moment, lets me in.

2 Comments:

Blogger FreeWildebeest said...

a very moving and personal account of one of natures greatest events. if more people took the time to appreciate things like you do, the world would be a better place.

3:10 PM  
Blogger titch said...

I love Pink Floyd. I haven't listened to them for sooooo long. But I knew I'd heard "comfortably numb" before. Ah well. Heh.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home