Friday, January 13, 2006

whistling

Cry
I wept and cred 'til just breathing hurt,
And then I sobbed some more.
My tear were black,
So strange to watch.
They dripped down my body,
Cool and dark,
Reeking of loss,
Of fear.
I am marked with an evil beauty
That has left pain where'er it went.
I bear the sign of sadness.
I wear a badge of shame.
My body left exhausted
I cannot escape.

Coffee Cup
Sitting in a coffee cup,
Breathing in the air;
Treasureing the bitter taste;
Wallow in its liquid glory.
Stroke the nice hot coffee cup.
Thankful gulp and swallow.
Remember the balnket that covers you;
Makes you warm and keeps you safe.
Sitting in my coffee cup,
The comfort's overwhelming;
Treasuring the bitter taste;
Relaxing in a moment's glory.

In Mourning
someone's crying
in the morning;
they've been crying
all night long.
someone's crying;
they're in mourning;
they've been crying
for one who's gone.
someone's crying
as day is dawning;
they've been crying
'cause now they're alone.
someone's crying
as birds start singing;
they'll be crying
their whole life long.

Hide-and-Seek
Bubble and squeak and giggle and shout!
A child is playing hide-and-seek with a tiny fairy.
Behind a daisy the fairy flutters.
The child knows not where to look,
But the playmates are patient.
Bubbles squeak overhead.
A moment's distraction;
A giggle. A shout.
But the game must go on
Until the child becomes me,
And the fairy turns into you.
Then at the bottom of a princess's garden
The game will finally end.
Don't be sad though.
The next game is wild and crazy.
Before I was but a child and you just a fiary.
Now with greater wisdom we play on
Until new games commence with a bit more fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger FreeWildebeest said...

4 more little parcels of beauty and wonder :)

But the last one made me lose the game :(

4:54 PM  
Blogger RandomFan said...

arghhh i hate you toby!

ok not really...

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home