Saturday, January 06, 2007

camping

It is thanks to the great Facebook that I am sitting here with a glazed look on my face and a deep desire to go camping. (Well, it could also partly be thanks to the yummy wine I'm drinking... but I blame Facebook!)
As a child I spent the year dreaming of camping, except for the summer when I was camping. As a not-child I still spend a lot of the year dreaming of camping. Over the years the Durdle Door campsite (my childhood campsite) has changed and adapted... it is now a caravan site with just three camping fields, as opposed to the six or seven that once existed. But I still think fondly of it far too often. I miss camping. I love camping. Ever been camping? Tell me your camping stories....

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to the Durdle Door campsite. Well, not stayed there, but walked though it. Seems not a bad place.

10:24 AM  
Blogger FreeWildebeest said...

Woo for camping.

11:51 AM  
Blogger HHM said...

I'm not camp!

9:12 AM  
Blogger HHM said...

Ok, camping stories... I suppose there were those times in Nepal when I found a fat leech in my belly button, emptied my bowels off the edge of a cliff, got charged at by yaks and buffalo, suffered Staphylococcal food poisoning and contracted Shigella and Helicobacter pylori, and hallucinated that my friend turned into a rat while I was dangerously drunk and stoned. Aside from that, there were pleasant times in the Lake District with Emma, and Ryedale on year 7 school camp.

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D of E! But only the first time. The next time we got real beds. Mmmm....real beds...and mmm...Emmie in my real bed...:D

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home