Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Snapshots of Emmieland

Hello children. As I cannot remember, and cannot be bothered to tell you about, my last few weeks I thought I'd offer a beautifully illustrated post, providing literal snapshots of my life...
Before the holidays, Helen came to see me in school! It was superyayful and very nice of her to come. :) Extending her niceness, she brought chocolates with her! We ate chocolates and I drank some coffee. Then we both went off to choir practise where she was treated like a famous superstar.
She sat in the back with me (where we both struggled to see the conducter but meh) and we whispered while we were not singing. Then, when we got to the little-break for juice and cookies the conducter ambushed her and they had a very cheery conversation. Once everyone was seated, a small speech was made about Helen and how fantabulous she is. We might even make a choral trip over to ol' Cambridge to see her sing! WOO YAY! Helen rocks! After the small speech Helen hurried off to the pub (to work, of course).

Wow, right, another lovely snapshot of life in Emmieland- a cocktail party was held chez Tessa. I went there straight from a DofE training session so was slightly late, and I didn't actually drink a drop of alcohol all night, so it was an odd cocktail party on my part but still highly enjoyable. I ate a lot of fruit and then some breadsticks. Music was played and singing occured. No windows were broken, which meant nobody cut their feet this time. :) As it was a cocktail party there were guys in tuxedos and girls in pretty dresses (myself included, but I'm afraid there are no pictures of that). Examples shown below are Gabie (whose 'boyfriend' I am) and Jamie (whose covers I tried to steal during the night and failed because he was awake and said boo, making me yelp and fall over backwards in fright).


The final snapshot I'm offering from my life is of a hamster, Luke's hamster, whose name I believe is Fudge, but I might be wrong about that. This snapshot is to say- LOOK! Hamsters are cute! That's about the entire point of it...


In other news, I went to Camden today and had fun doodling around there. Tomorrow, I am seeing Toby for coffee, art and sushi (because that's what we do in winter). I'm very excited because I'm going to a sushi place I've never been to before- YAY! The only downside I can see is that I will have to spend the entire day next to the Thames without going on it (or in it) once! (On Sunday, I was trying to learn a new skill, so capsized on purpose at least 10 times, then proceeded to capsize spectacularly while practising a skill I should have mastered by now! Luckily the instructer Albert saved me (interestingly under Albert bridge) by physically pulling me onto his boat. It was a mite bit chilly! Afterwards we had a Kayakers' Christmas Party which included party games, loads of food, tea (because it's important) and Christmas music. Ah, good times...) Anyway, if I don't blog before Christmas, MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR! Bye bye....

4 Comments:

Blogger FreeWildebeest said...

Woo for chocolate, hamsters and parties!

1:57 AM  
Blogger CJM said...

Haha, Jamie in a DJ. For soem reaosn, this amuses me.

3:05 PM  
Blogger HHM said...

Haha! That hamster's ginger.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That photo of me is VILE. And yay it was fun! Chocolate! And cocktail parties! Even non alcoholic ones...

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home