Saturday, September 17, 2005

World 1-0 Emmie

(I'm breaking the song-title trend in mourning of a dreadful football match that I watched this afternoon.)

You may not know (I don't know who you are so how can I know what you know?) but I am a Queen's Park Ranger's fan. My father is a Leeds United fan. Today QPR played Leeds at Loftus Road (QPR's stadium). I went to see the match with my mother and her brother. I was a bit nervous because the last two times these two teams met Leeds had won 6-1 and we had drawn 1-1. But we started the match well, having attempts at goal and doing decent tackles. Sadly Leeds scored a (rubbish!) goal just before half time, making the score 1-0 to them. The rest of the match was eventful but with no good events. Two of QPR's best players got injured and had to be sub-ed. A Leeds player stamped on someone's foot and got sent off, leaving the Leeds team with only 10 men. There were many incidents resulting in yellow cards, but no more goals. I was sent home to face my dad and brothers (my brothers support Chelsea and Liverpool but they like to tease me).

Yet there was more bad vibes to come! On the bus journey going home my mother suddenly goes, "Emmie, we have to get off the bus!" So we get off the bus and sit on a wall. She's all grey and bug-eyed. She says she's feeling dizzy and ill. We wait a bit for her to recover herself. Then we walk down the tube station and catch the tube one stop over to Sloane Square. Basically eventually I phone my father and he comes to pick us up. She's in bed now. My dad has not given me too much stick about the football match. My brothers have but they're away in Henry's room now.

So yeah, that was my day pretty much. I was meant to get up and take some books back to the library, do some homework, clean out Cake (my hamster. I will do a paragraph about him because he deserves one.) and make sure my lovely brothers are being good. But I failed at that, getting up at 11am (this is 3 hours later than normally at the weekend. Shame on me!).

Cake is my little hamster. He is about 8 weeks old now. He is black and fuzzy- very cute! He likes to run around his cage and shred toilet paper. His hobbies also include being held and sitting on my mobile when it goes *fuzz!* (It *fuzzes* insted of ringing because I don't like the songs it has and I'm too lazy to buy any decent ones.) He dislikes me playing the drums and cleaning him out. He is my little goth hamster and I like him a lot. I don't think there is anything else I can say about him. He might be a father in the future with my brother's hamster Flapjack (who is grey/blond and about 7 weeks old). I am against this, owing to the threat it puts on Flapjack and the result of having 6 baby hamsters which will be cute but undoubtedly homeless.

Things on my mind include....
  • worries about my parents and friends, etc. Some serious, some not so serious.
  • sadness at the amount of homework I have to do this weekend.
  • amusement at the thought of tidying my room.
  • congratulations to the brilliant Steve and beautiful Rose.
  • wishes which should not be spoken outloud.

I hope I've been able to sum up everything needed. I have to go now. I might be back later. xxx

2 Comments:

Blogger Dauve said...

I think we need to hear more about these unspoken wishes.

12:34 PM  
Blogger titch said...

I live in Room 3, in the maths block. But I am rarely at home. I wrote you (Helen) a letter. I will put it in your letter box! :D

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home